Monday, November 11, 2013

Freezer Meals and a Bit Under the Weather

I have so many things on my To-Do list with the Holidays around the corner and instead I find myself not feeling too hot, which puts a major damper on my plans.  Who has time for sick days?!?!  I must apologize for my lack of posts recently I promise I haven't forgotten you, I am a just bit behind.  
You may remember back in January I shared a few of my resolutions and one of those included NOT DIETING, but learning how to eat HEALTHY and making it a LIFESTYLE!  (full post here)
I do have to say it was a lot harder than I realized to get started.  I was embarrassed to realize how little I really knew about my body and what damage I was doing.  For Example: Dr Pepper and Peanut Butter M&M's are not a great Lunch choice??!!  Who would have thought?  I set out to learn how my body worked and what it really needed to function.  I read a few books and started going to a great gym with a trainer on duty at all times to push me and track my weight loss as well as eating.  I am not perfect at this yet, as I am sure it will be a life long pursuit to truly learn how to eat heathy.  But it is getting easier and I am so happy with the results so far.  Not to mention I have so much more energy!  However, the best results are my family is eating better too, my daughters like their vegetables and my 4 year old often asks, "Mom is this healthy for me?"  Sometimes she even asks, "Mom, how many calories have you eaten today?" (maybe I talk about that too much?!)  I am happy at such a young age she is learning how important eating healthy is!!



I have always loved having freezer meals for those busy days or in my case sick days.  I revamped a few of my freezer meals so they are much healthier I thought I would share a few with you today.  

These are my 2 favorites:

Teriyaki Chicken
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce Low Sodium
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 t Red Wine Vinegar
2 T Olive Oil
1 Small crushed Garlic Clove
3/4 t Crushed Ginger
2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

To freeze put everything in a ziplock bag, release the air and stick it in the freezer

To cook: I pull mine out in the morning, as it thaws through out the day it is also marinating. 
(if you are short on time you can defrost it in my microwave as well)
Bake for 90 minutes @ 375 Degrees or I often cook mine in a frying pan (it is much faster this way)
I serve the Teriyaki Chicken over brown rice and we have steamed broccoli with it!

Chicken Fajita's

1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 T red Wine Vinegar
1/4 cup Worcheshire sauce (low Sodium)
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce (Low Sodium)
1/8 t Oregano
1 Garlic Clove
2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

To freeze put everything in a ziplock bag, release the air and stick it in the freezer

To cook: I pull mine out in the morning, as it thaws through out the day it is also marinating. 
(if you are short on time you can defrost it in my microwave as well)
I cook mine in a frying pan with Onions and Green Peppers
Serve in whole wheat tortillas with brown rice and black beans


TTFN

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...