Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday's Tip: Keeping Glitter On....

I do love a little "bling" here and there!  I most certainly love the GLITTERED look!  I have a few random pieces through out my house that are covered in glitter, but I am not a huge fan of the trail of glitter these items seem to leave.  I have tired so many ways to try to get glitter to stay put, spray adhesive, mod podge, glue and so on and so on.  These adhesives work great to get the glitter on a piece but the glitter flakes off WAY too much!


  I have finally found something that works!!!
So I thought I would share it at this weeks Tuesday's Tip.  





Here is how I got my glitter to stay in place

First I painted the front of my letters with orange acrylic paint, and while it was still wet I sprinkled the glitter over the top.  
After the paint was dry I sprayed it with a Clear Coat in Gloss. 
 I like to apply 2 coats, and TADA the glitter stays on so much better.  


You can buy a can of clear coat at your local hardware store and they run about the same price as spray paint, between $4 to $5 a can, that will last you for a long time!

TTFN

Brooke

Linking here
Fluster Bluster

5 comments:

  1. Where did you get the adorable letters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Where did you get such cute letters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great tip, I love your glittery Boo letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip. I have wanted to know how to do this to. So Simple I should have figured it our myself. lol.
    Thands again. Faye

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...