Monday, September 9, 2013

Which one do you like better?

I have been working on this table for the last week or so and I am loving how it is turning out!  This table was originally black, my friend I am refinishing it for, wanted it a cream.  
My husband and I sanded it down and then painted it cream.  
Don't be mad at me, it is a custom color, so I don't have a name.

Now that everything is painted I have been going experimenting a little with glazing and I need your input on which one you like better.  I keep going back and forth between the 2, they both are pretty.

First up this chair is painted and then I wiped a glaze all over it.  I did not sand any of the edges so the only distressing is the glaze.  The glaze is a bit darker in person.



For this one I sanded the edges a bit, but like I said earlier these chairs used to be black, so some of the black shows through.  I also wiped glaze all over this one.  Does it bother you that the black shows through in spots?



Here they are side by side from a distance....as you can tell from far away the sanded chairs look more distressed than the ones that are just glazed.....So the question is....


Which one do you like best?  Leave a comment, I would love to hear your input, as everyone has such different tastes!

TTFN

Brooke


2 comments:

  1. That's really a hard choice! I like them both, but if I had to pick just one - it would be the one without the black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really a hard choice! I like them both, but if I had to pick just one - it would be the one without the black.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...