Monday, August 19, 2013

Coral AND Chevron??

I am loving coral, so you can imagine how excited I was when Amanda asked me to refinish this piece for her.





Here is her piece before: 


 Now it is a fun accent piece!
First I painted this piece cream everywhere (don't hate me, I don't have a color name)  After it was all painted I marked out my chevron pattern (tutorial here) and sealed up my tape for straight lines (tutorial here)
Next I added coral!  This color is Sweet Tangerine by Clark and Kensington.  After the paint was dried I removed my tape and sanded the coral down so the cream would show through.   
I then glazed it and sealed the whole piece up with a Poly Acrylic!

And for the cherry on top I added a Glass Knob!

Amanda was hoping by getting this done it would kick her into gear to finish painting and redoing her home, i hope it worked!



Happy Monday!

TTFN

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...