Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Twin Bed Frame Turned Bench!

Oh, what to say about this bench.  Except I want it.  This is the hardest part of my job, I hate to let things go sometimes, and my daughter looks so cute on it!!  She always begs to be in the pictures, my little model in action!


This bench was a custom order for a family friend.  Her daughter is getting married on Friday and instead of a sign in book they are having their guests sign this bench.  What a fun idea!  I hope to get pictures of it after it is been signed!

Unfortunately I didn't have a bench laying around, lucky for me I found this twin bed frame, way easier than starting from scratch!




This style of bed frame is not the most popular thing right now but they sure make beautiful benches!


Since this bench is going to be signed I didn't do anything too special to it.  I had this paint color matched to her colors, after it was painted I slightly distressed it to bring out some of the details.   We decided to not put the clear top coat on until after it has been signed so hopefully the marker doesn't smear and sinks in a little better.  After the wedding we will seal it all up!



Don't forget to come back tonight at 8 pm MST for the Paint Party!!

TTFN

Brooke

5 comments:

  1. Super cute, great job, and I love that color!

    Katie @ The Shabby Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so cute! that is such a neat idea about signing the bench and keeping it. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Makes me want to attempt another bench!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great link party! Thanks for hosting.
    I'm also your newest follower through GFC! I'd appreciate a follow back :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twin Bed Frame Turned Bench! Oh, what to say about this bench. Except I want it. This is the hardest part of my job, I hate to let things go ... tbedframe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...