Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A year of Remodeling!

I was looking back through my posts, I can't believe we have been in this house for a little over a year.
This house search I was a little more picky


My house wish list went something like this

LOCATION
LARGE LIVING SPACE
NICE KITCHEN
ROOM TO GROW (I am tired of moving)
I didn't care about much else, but these things were really really important to me.


I love the LOCATION.  I learned from my other house, if you don't love your location you will never love your house.  It has been so nice to be close to family, my daughters love to see their cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles!

We did take on quite the project with this house, but it fit everything on my wish list and it was within our budget.  I knew I could fix the cosmetic things, I was willing to do that before I gave up my wish list!

Our first complete project was our master bath! (post here)

Just after we completed it we broke the shower, and yes a year later it is still broken! My favorite part of this bathroom is my vanity!  It even has slow close drawers, I have never had that kind of luxury before!!






 The previous owners added this kitchen on, when I walked in and saw all the space I was in love.  Cosmetically it wasn't necessarily what I wanted, but I didn't have to tear down any walls!!  HUGE PLUS


  (post here)



I love my oldest daughters room!  It is a smaller room but lightening the walls and furniture helps to open up the room and make it feel bigger!  Full Post here


When we first bought this house I thought I would love having the laundry room right off the garage.  I don't hate it however it is a hallway from the family room to the garage so I have to keep it clean.  (I really am not good at staying up on Laundry)  We created this built in storage to help keep it clean and useable!  So far it has really helped keep it clean.  Full post here


I love my dining area.  It is nice to be able to have a larger table to accommodate visitors for meals and of course craft on.  We seem to get a lot of those around dinner time, mainly brothers!  Full Post here


I have enjoyed remodeling our house.  Many people ask "would you remodel another house?" to that I would say YES!!  However, I would NEVER EVER EVER do another yard like this!  I don't think we really understood what we were getting ourselves into.  we have .25 of an acre and it was ALL covered in either gravel or flagstone.  To haul it all out, and get all the plants out was A LOT of work!! I still have random things popping up!  But I am super happy with the way it turned out! Full post here


Our last reno was the main level half bath! Full post here


Wow, what a year!  I still have a few rooms to do and finish all the smaller things.

This last week we started the basement!!  Devin is claiming it was his man cave, we will see!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

TTFN

Brooke

Linking here
Shabby Cottage





11 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it all! I'm going back to read the full posts because I think I have found some wall colors I like : )
    Your space is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have done an absolute great job on the remake of your house. It doesn't even look like the same house! Looking forward to your posts in 2013...I hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke,
    Your reno's are absolutely wonderful! I have enjoyed all of your projects you have shared over the year.
    Im not sure that i have seen someone accomplish so much in really just a short time.

    Thanks for the inspiration you create within me.

    Happy 2013'

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! Everything looks so great, you have really put a lot of hard work into your home. Makes it all the more special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a great year, and such a great home you are creating! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a transformation all the way around. My favorites are the yard and I do love your master vanity, too! IF we ever move again, a fixer upper is what it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What amazing transformations! SO much to do in a year! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks incredible!! You did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! The work you've done to your house is incredible!! I'm so glad to be your newest follower, I love your blog:)

    Hugs,
    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! You have done some beautiful transformations! Your home is just beautiful!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home is so beautiful. Very creative. I love the colors. EXCELLENT!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...